Do You Operate a Home-based Business?

Many home-based businesses are either underinsured or uninsured because the owners thought their business activities were covered under their homeowners policy.

If you run a business out of your home, don’t automatically assume your Homeowner’s, Condominium or Tenants policy has you covered. It doesn’t. In fact, unless your insurance company is aware of your  home-based business, you may even void your home policy.

As a business owner, you’re exposed to insurance risks that aren’t covered by your homeowner’s policy.

  • If your computer is stolen, you may find that it’s not covered by your homeowner’s policy because business property is excluded;
  • If a delivery person slips and falls when delivering a package, you could be sued and find out you’re not covered for injuries associated with business deliveries;
  • If your house burns down, you may find that your fire coverage is void because you didn’t tell the insurance company that you were using your home for business.

Fortunately, it’s easy and affordable to protect yourself and your business by adding a Home-Based Business extension to your property policy.

For most home-based businesses, this extension is all you need to protect your property and cover any liability exposure arising from your home business. Call us to get started.

For financial professionals, salespeople or providers of specialized services, you may be exposed to different risks. We’ll take the time to explain your options and make sure you get the best protection at a competitive price.

Your business is more than a job; it’s part of your life. Even a small home operation needs protection against the risks of doing business. Call us to make sure you are properly protected.

Contact Us if you have any questions or click here for a pdf of this page.